The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Electronic Security Systems Engineer in the Risk Management Unit (RMU).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate the activities of the monitor control room:
- CCTV (Batan, Agua Fria, Tlaltizapan and Toluca)
- Fire alarm system
- Access Control Systems
- GPS tracking Systems
- Administering the access system of the different areas.
- Manage card access system, including all new hire / departure requests, lost or stolen card requests, monthly audits and regular maintenance
- Manage maintenance and repairs of all security related systems, including CCTV, access control system and fire alarm systems
- Conducts the investigations requested by his/her supervisor
- Develop the procedures related to CCTV systems.
- Administer the massive notification system
- Select and run diagnostic routines and performs troubleshooting techniques to identify and quantify system problems
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain the emergency procedures for the monitor room.
- Emergency phone operator
- Coordinate OH&S training activities for staff in the stations.
- Coordinate Safety and Health Committee activities, including but not limited to: updating licenses and permits, compliance with the Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare requirements, training and campaigns related to work related accidents and sickness as well as health and safety campaigns
- Maintain administrative records, printed or electronic, determined by the safety laws and the Mexican Norms/ Standards
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially dangerous practices, processes, and materials.
- Update the internal civil protection plan at HQ and Experimental Stations and conduct risk analysis of the field and laboratory working areas.
- Coordinate the activities of the emergency groups in the stations.
- Design and update emergency exit plans for all exp. Stations
- Ensure emergency exit plans are placed in each building
- Provide support in case of Emergency Evacuation & Response
- Coordinate emergency preparedness training activities for staff in the stations.
- Coordinate the evacuation drills at the stations.
- Coordinate the inventory of the fire extinguishers in the stations.
- Participate in the Business Continuity Plan (emergency response brigades).
- Perform any other activities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge in emergency response and Occupational health and safety local regulations
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software, database or research applications, Windows Operating System, CCTV systems and Internet
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Time Management.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18196 Electronic Security Systems Engineer. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, July 13, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.