The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated candidate for the position of Digital Communications Specialist in the Corporate Communications Program based in Texcoco, Mexico This position has a critical role in enhancing the impact of CIMMYT’s work.
This position will be based at CIMMYT Headquarters located in Texcoco, Mexico.
- Lead future development of the CIMMYT website platform in collaboration with CIMMYT Knowledge Management department and website Development Company.
- Organize and manage content on the CIMMYT website through CMS WordPress.
- Write and edit compelling, accurate copy for diverse audiences and formats (web, print, social media, PowerPoint, newsletters, technical publications and factsheets), working closely with scientists.
- Work with the design team, especially multi-media communications specialists, to develop and distribute compelling products to raise awareness of CIMMYT’s work.
- Lead new approaches to create and distribute multimedia content related to CIMMYT.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities and maintain CIMMYT’s online reputation.
- Develop relevant social media content topics to reach the organization’s target audiences.
- Responsible for web analytics, monitor and adjust web content/social media content accordingly.
- Work closely with editorial team to execute CIMMYT’s communication’s goals online.
- Work with and provide support to regional communicators as needed.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- A B.A. in journalism, communications, public relations, science, international development or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in science communications, public relations and/or non-profit communications.
- Demonstrated understanding of the non-profit and/or agricultural research for development environments.
- Clear grasp of communications strategies and creativity in applying them to raise awareness of CIMMYT’s activities and achievements.
- High-level of proficiency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
- Knowledge and appreciation of science and the ability to express technical concepts in clear, simple language for diverse audiences, including the general public.
- Proficiency in use of social networking and new media tools.
- Innovative thinking, seeking new ways of producing content.
- Creative and technologically minded individual to support the development of digital media products.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively to deadline, under occasionally intense pressure, and as part of a diverse, multicultural, team.
- Innovation and creativity
- Problem solving
- Time Management
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply here for IRS17121 Digital Communication Specialist
Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Friday, 18th August 2017. Incomplete applications (CV and Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Diana Gómez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.