The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Data Analyst to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Apply data mining techniques, statistical analysis and design/implement prediction systems.
- Develop and code models by applying algorithms to large structured as well as unstructured data sets.
- Develop scripts to automate data input preparation, process implementation and structure output format.
- Conduct data analyses and package results tailored for both technical and non-technical audience.
- Innovate methods to expedite and streamline analytic processes.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, analytical results to internal and external stakeholders, including developing graphics.
- Develop visualization products to share analysis across a large group of users.
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine-learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis. Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Do ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Work experience with common data analysis tools such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab.
- Good knowledge of statistical programs like R, SAS, ASREML GenStat.
- Experience in R / Python programming language.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- Experience with visualization tools such as D3.js, GGplot, Tableau, etc.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C2 as per CEFR).
- Advanced user in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word). Expert or super user of corporate systems, MS Project, Statistical packages, GIS applications, HR systems etc.
- The selected candidate needs to be a responsible, meticulous person with the ability of observation and analysis.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multi-Cultural Awareness, Teamwork, Proactive, Problem-Solving and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18166 Data Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, May 17 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.