The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Data Analyst to work in the Genetic Resources Program (GRP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist scientists and other colleagues in data analyses in their research activities.
- Contribute to improve data analysis methods, techniques and procedures.
- Contribute to training activities.
- Contribute to the research activities of the unit; analyze data and develop new knowledge.
- Participate in the publication of research results through annual reports, presentations and refereed journal publications.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Execute activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or pertinent biological sciences area, with strong background in statistical analysis and computing.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, experimental design, mixed linear models analysis, analysis of molecular data.
- Proficiency and experience in data analysis with statistical software SAS and R.
- Programming experience in R, SAS or other programming language (C++ or Phyton for example).
- Proficiency in using communications, text processing and spreadsheet software.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Pro-Activity, Teamwork, Innovation and Creativity and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17177 Data Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 20 July 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.