Consultancy: Building partnerships to teach the effective use of genetic resources for plant breeding / MasAgro Biodiversidad (Seeds of Discovery)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is seeking a dynamic scientist with a background in plant genetics and socioeconomics to develop partnerships with Mexican universities to use MasAgro Biodiversidad products in curricula teaching the conservation and use of plant genetic resources for plant breeding. The consultant will assist the Capacity Development Leader in all stages of designing and implementing collaborations with selected Mexican post-graduate educational institutions. This consultancy will be offered for a period of 1 year.
The consultancy will develop activities at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support the planning, development and implementation of partnerships between MasAgro Biodiversidad and Mexican graduate and postgraduate educational institutions, striving for equity in access to the benefits of this project.
- Develop a proposal in terms of professional competencies related to the subject of MasAgro Biodiversidad. Facilitate the implementation of knowledge and tools developed by this project in Plant Genetic Resources graduate study curricula.
- Follow up existing collaborative projects; seeking new and relevant synergies as part of the institutional cooperation between CIMMYT and Universities.
- Contribute in the preparation of reports to donors and institutional partners.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- PhD or MSc in Plant Genetics, with secondary expertise in Socioeconomics, Anthropology or similar area
- Familiarity with the post-graduate agricultural education scene in Mexico.
- Enthusiasm for networking and building partnerships.
- Proactive and self-motivated; with aptitude for handling complex, multidisciplinary challenges.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic level in English language is required
- Advanced user in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multi-Cultural Awareness, Teamwork, Proactive, Problem-Solving and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M18187 Consultancy: Building partnerships to teach the effective use of genetic resources for plant breeding. MasAgro Biodiversidad (Seeds of Discovery). Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, June 12, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This consultancy will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.