The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Communications Manager to work in the Corporate Communications (CC) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Lead and coordinate content creation, calendaring and distribution across the CIMMYT web site, social media, blog and other outlets.
- Writing, editing and proofreading online and print content.
- Work with a company on continuous improvements in the CIMMYT website.
- Lead new approaches to create and distribute CIMMYT multimedia content.
- Utilize social media tools for content optimization.
- Contribute to and help implement communications strategies with the Head of Communications.
- Oversee communication between CIMMYT and representatives of diverse media, including newspapers, radio broadcasts, online news, and stakeholder and funder communication outlets.
- Contribute to online outreach campaigns, in conjunction with CIMMYT researchers and regional offices.
- Link with CGIAR and other agricultural organizations on campaigns and co-publication.
- Work closely with a team of communications specialists.
- Any other related duty as required by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The position’s holder should have a Master’s Degree in Journalism, Communications Sciences, International Development or relevant field; Bachelor’s Degree with extensive experience will be considered.
- 6+ years of experience in science communications, journalism, marketing, media campaigns and/or non-profit communication.
- Proficiency in use of social networking, new media tools and WordPress platforms.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for diverse media.
- Proficiency in English Language. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR; Knowledge of Spanish will be considered an advantage.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Problem-Solving, Innovation and Creativity and Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online to IRS17126 Communications Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 15 December 2017. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.