The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Communication Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Supervise the writing and edition of content for the divulgation and positioning of different SIP’s projects, basing on the regional strategy and the objectives per program.
- Elaborate an execution plan for the projects based on the times and expected achievements.
- Provide follow up to the chronogram of the elaboration of publications.
- Assess and assure the validation of proposed contents by the requester area and authors.
- Accept and edit reports and informs in accordance of the selected communication channel for their distribution.
- Provide follow up to relations with external vendors and attend the needs from different collaborators or persons interested in information.
- Determine the methodology and coordinate the communication creative and communication teams, in order to keep updated the communication channels of the program and spaces of collaborators.
- Organize assessment studies of the materials between the users and consumers.
- Guarantee the documentation in success cases, life stories and testimonials from the beneficiaries of different projects of SIP.
- Provide follow up to communications related issues.
- Seek to ensure the availability of printed products and audiovisual media in order to reach a good positioning of CIMMYT and SIP in LatAm region (agriculture, environment, economic development, markets, etc.).
- Develop a catalog of the available products and keep it updated.
- Supervise and guarantee a good process of edition and material adjustments as books, infographics, brochures, reports, result informs and manuals in order to support the accomplishment of each project.
- Prepare weekly activities report, work plans and other instruments to ensure a correct overview and follow up in order to reach all the objectives of the program and present these to the coordinator.
- Facilitate the information to the supervisor in the divulgation department for the best execution of regional projects.
- Provide follow up in the operative activities of the divulgation team.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication, or similar.
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing similar roles or activity. Preferably as Project Leader.
- Experience in communication, institutional organization and projects administration.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Customer Orientation and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17192 Communication Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 15 August 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.