The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to work in a highly dynamic and innovative international agriculture research organization as Assistant Research Associate.
The position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal (Mid and Far-Western Development Regions of Nepal).
- Lead a team of officers, cooperatives, and community volunteers for research and development in sustainable agricultural intensification technologies.
- Conduct a research in integrated soil fertility management applying precision nutrient management principles to formulate site-specific fertilizer recommendations.
- Scaling research outcomes into practice to cover large farming communities of Mid-western and Far-western region of the country.
- Train and provide technical guidance to the project staffs.
- Synthesize and analyse data from fields, and compile technical progress reports.
- Prepare data recording formats in both Nepali and English versions.
- Coordinate with governmental, non-governmental, and private sector organizations, liaising with farming cooperatives and farmer communities ensuring project goals.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Sciences or related fields with at least 2 years of experience in cereal-based cropping systems or a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences or related fields with 3+ years of previous field management experience in cereal-based cropping systems.
- Soil science background is an advantage.
- Minimum 2-year commitment is required.
- Strong ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Motorbike license is compulsory.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to CIMMYT-NRSrecruitsouthasia@cgiar.org no later than Wednesday, 22nd March 2017.
Please include position and reference number N16637 in the subject of your email. Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.