The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org. For more information about CSISA, please visit http://csisa.org
We are seeking for three (3) dynamic, and self-motivated professionals with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Assistant Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA).
The positions will be based in Odisha, Bihar and Eastern UP.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Support M&E in one of CSISA’s priority geographies.
- Collect and compile data of each hub district in Kharif and Rabi seasons and send to M&E Specialist. Data are collected for CSISA’s semi-annual report, annual report, and other reporting obligations as required, including USAID indicators and BMGF results framework.
- Clean data, enter into a database and as needed to support activity monitoring at the Hub. Share data as needed with the M&E Specialist, the hub manager, the field teams, and project leadership as requested.
- Support Extension Agronomist, Field Technician, Field Assistant in data collection & documentation process.
- If needed, contribute narrative content to CSISA’s Semi-Annual and Annual Reports.
- Support field staff in the collection of data through Open Data Kit (ODK) and/or other mobile data collection platforms.
- Support field staff in the various field level surveys and conduct preliminary data analysis.
- Support field staff in the proper and regular archiving of monitoring data and research data, and support the implementation of CSISA’s Data Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to the up gradation of the technology used to capture, store, process, and report data for CSISA Phase II through mobile data collection systems, Excel and Access databases, and other online and offline systems.
- Assist in periodic data quality assessments conducted for internal review purposes or conducted by the donor.
- Solicit / compile CSISA achievements / bullet points / success stories as needed.
- Provide insights and suggestions to the technical team as required to ensure project milestones are met.
- Contribute to the formulation of seasonal impact pathway planning documents.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Rural Management or Agricultural Sciences.
- 3 years of experience working in agriculture-related or development projects.
- Basic proficiency in Excel.
- Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong team-orientation and fluency in English are a must.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV no later than Tuesday, 2 May, 2017 to Human Resources, CIMMYT
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN17115 for Odisha, IN17117 for Bihar and IN17118 for Eastern UP in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.