The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Coordinator to work in the Fleet Management Unit of the Corporate Services Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Manage all pools, taxi and bus requisitions.
- Address all request for vehicle and taxi services by the clients and ensure a vehicle suited for their need is provided.
- Ensure that all damages and defects are recorded when renting a pool car.
- Ensure that the sufficient vehicle have been made available during the day.
- Supervise the dispatch.
- Supervise the bus services and ensure a smooth running of the operation.
- Coordinate with the parent committee for all aspects related to the operation of the Greengates bus.
- Supervise the activities of the Corporate Services Program Drivers, ensuring excellent customer care and effectiveness.
- Flag any issues with maintenance of the vehicles and inform the manager of Fleet operation for proper action.
- Prepare requested and authorized reports related to the official and personal transport services, and forward them to the relevant areas for review or further processing.
- Manage the road assistance service and ensure that all request for assistance is promptly handed.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with the Fleet Management unit and the program staff.
- Collaborate in administrative tasks related to the position, such as preparing documentation requested by the authorities, review work schedule, monitor over time, etc.
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or similar areas.
- Minimum 3 years of performing similar roles.
- Regularly requires a combination of mental abilities such as analysis, careful judgment and decision-making.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1, preferred B2 as per CEFR).
- User intermediate level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The position need to align to the methodology of Fleet Management Unit.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Conflict Resolution and Achievement Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18121 Administrative Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 8 February 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.