The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Prepare credit card report, follow up on expense claims and ensure that expenses are settled according to CIMMYT policies.
- Ensure that disputes on credit card expenses are settled between the credit card holder, supervisor and finance department.
- Prepare and/or proofread sub-agreements with collaborators in collaboration with project leaders, ensure budget availability and that CIMMYT standard process are followed, seek legal advice when needed and facilitates the approval process of sub grants.
- Keep track of sub grant amendments; ensure that payments are in accordance with the agreements and maintain a database of approved sub grants.
- Assist PLs with advise on navigation in RMS for entering schedules and sub grants and upload schedules when requested, uploading documents, finding information and any other request related to RMS of none technical nature.
- Collaborate with PMU/ICT on improvements to templates and processes.
- Administration of funds and approvals for SIP technical training, organization of the annual international CA course and the SIP visiting student program.
- Organize and maintain efficient filing system, including subject, index, and/or cross-reference files.
- Provide support to other members of the program as required. In absences, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate person and process expense reports and reimbursements, including cash and credit card expenses, advance payments, per diems/travel expenses: gathering receipts, prepare the journal and select method of payment, and send to Program Administrator for authorization.
- Facilitate good working relations between staff in the conduct of daily activities.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 4 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Team Work, Decision Making, Achievement Orientation and Multicultural Awareness Sensitivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17207 Administrative Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 26 September 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.