The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide general administrative support by arranging travels and logistics, including but not limited to the purchase of airline tickets, expense reports, payment requests, reimbursements, activity reports, hotel reservations, creation and maintenance of the schedule for all trips.
- Organize and maintain efficient filing system for the Latin America Representative’s office, including subject, index, and/or cross-reference files.
- Respond to routine requests, incoming calls, and translate documents and correspondence as needed, referring to other sources for detailed information.
- Support the Latin America Representative´s office correspondence by screening all incoming information and determining how best to route certain questions and inquiries within the General Coordination Office team.
- Ensure that the appropriate preparation material is available including documents, letters and reports as required before every meeting scheduled in the agenda.
- Assemble materials or reports for distribution where the information may be gathered from several sources or may be difficult to organize or compile.
- Ensure that follow-up of action items agreed during the meetings or specific objectives pertaining to the Latin America representative are accomplished in coordination with the Projects Coordinator and Liaison Officer.
- Prepare, edit, format and scan documents as needed and compile required signatures for various documents as requested.
- Organize local and international teleconferences and WebEx conferences as required and coordinate the preparation and mailing of meeting documentation duly in advance.
- Follow up institutional training information and requests from all SIP LATAM staff members and support the introduction program for the Human Resources needs of the Program.
- Keep track and report on a monthly basis the monthly activity reports of the Latin America representative.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of administrative processes.
- Support the process and filling of some formats such as ICT requests, welcome programs, briefing packages, etc.
- Manage Unit documents such as: projects dossiers, contracts, agreements, financial reports, contracts, correspondence, etc.
- Ensure that accurate minutes of meetings are taken, approved and maintained in corporate records and made available when required.
- Facilitate internal communication activities as requested.
- Provide administrative support to SIP LATAM Coordination Office subscriptions and renewal payments.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Time Management, Flexibility and Adaptability, Change Management, Achievement Orientation, Decision Making, Relationship with External Stakeholders, and Multicultural Awareness Sensitivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17123 Administrative Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 2 March 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.