The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Corporate Services program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Perform the registration in the accounting system of payment requests, expense reports, purchase orders, vouchers store, etc.
- Keep under control all the documents generated in the area and other information of interest to the unit.
- Carry out adequate control of pretty cash.
- Process the policies of chargeback each month.
- Maintain appropriate communication with programs and other areas of support to the unit.
- Any other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- High School Degree in Administration or in other related fields.
- Minimum 1-year performing similar roles.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- User intermediate level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Proactive, Communication, Problem-Solving and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18189 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, June 21, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.