The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the CGIAR Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provides general and financial administrative support to the CGIAR EiB Platform.
- Organizes and leads all logistics related matters for meetings/trainings; including but not limited to programing meetings/trainings and travel as required.
- Assist in all communications with other members of the organization, external stakeholders, follow up to meetings and other key issues related to the area.
- Responsible for timely payments, reclassifications of account items, and keeping simple account of payments/reimbursements, etc.
- Managing the CGIAR EiB Platform Office infrastructure, including but not limited to ordering supplies.
- Files correspondence, including Incoming and Outgoing correspondence, inserts data and maintains records as instructed by senior staff members, ensuring that files and records are maintained in good order.
- Other support tasks as required, taking minutes, organizing teleconferences, writing official letters/emails, maintaining the CGIAR EiB’s annual calendar,
- Provide monitoring support in all routine matters as requested by the Administrative Officer and in cases of absence, when required, in order to keep abreast of all commitments and tasks.
- Perform any other tasks and assignments related to the EiB CGIAR Platform, as directed by the Platform Leader and Administrative Officer.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an international corporate environment and 2 years of experience in a finance or administration related area.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Proactivity, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Teamwork, Innovation and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17234 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 24 November 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.