The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Genetic Resources Program (GRP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Promptly organize and summarize expense receipts/invoices from the program staff.
- Preparation of invoice journals and payment requests from different GRP units and prompt submission to Accounting office for processing.
- Prompt preparation of purchase requisitions for all types of program procurement.
- Preparation of material withdrawal requests from the warehouses.
- Keeping a systematic record and archive of program documents to facilitate quick reference when needed.
- Perform other related task within the job level as maybe requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum High School studies.
- At least 6 months of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Problem Solving, Team Work and Pro-Activity
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17232 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 24 November 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.