The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Hospitality Area.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist in the coordination of all administrative activities of the area, including placement of orders to suppliers (in close relation with CIMMYT’s financial and supply chain areas), processing of overtime, as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain regular contact with other areas of CIMMYT arising from day to day tasks and activities, ensuring that items are followed up to satisfactory closure.
- Assist in the preparation, edition, formatting, scanning, drafting, dispatch and filing of all documents related to the area.
- Maintain accurate records of overtime, feedback from customers, records of interns and student and other internal control mechanisms directed by supervisor.
- Maintain excellent customer care mechanisms: contact with staff and guests, immediate communication and response to queries and requests, and prompt report to supervisor on unresolved issues.
- Prepare purchase orders and payments as directed by supervisor. Task includes accuracy check of all documents, verification in system of correct vendor creation, registry into the area’s control systems, reconciliation with previous payments, etc.
- Capture into CIMMYT’s financial system to generate journals for approval by supervisor.
- Compile and process accounting activities related to the area, including but not limited to: expense reports and reimbursements (including cash and credit card expenses, advance payments, per diems: gathering receipts, maintenance and reconciliation of cash float, control of chargeback account, month end reporting, accounts receivable and registry/report of income and expenditure in matters related to the area.
- Support in matters related to warehouse, including preparation of stock vouchers, record of entry of products, deactivation of products, and other matters required. Perform regular inspections of premises (twice a week), and monthly inspections on controls implemented by the area (income logs, sales, etc.) to ensure compliance and detect/address findings.
- Provide guest services for visitors: book local lodging, prepare per diem, request driver services, prepare programs, etc.
- Support activities of housing and beverages and food areas in administrative and accounting functions.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Technical degree in business, administration, accounting or similar.
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- User intermediate level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word). Experience in MS Dynamics will represent an advantage.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Customer Orientation and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17187 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 31 July 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.