The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP). Please note that this is a strictly temporary position (4 months).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Compose routine correspondence and draft documents on own initiative or from brief notes or oral instructions, referring to other sources for detailed information.
- Prepare standard reports (e.g. monthly activity report, credit card report…) and give tracing to user requests.
- Translate simple documents and correspondence as needed, from local language (Spanish) to English and from English to local language (Spanish).
- Organize and maintain efficient filing system for the Supervisor, including subject, index, and/or cross- reference files.
- Prepare and/or proofread sub-agreements with collaborators.
- Coordinate meetings, including booking rooms, organizing catering, putting together documents and corresponding with each participant in advance of as well as after the meeting. Record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Request and host WebEx, Skype and other types of teleconferences.
- Provide support to other members of the department as required. In absences, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate person and process expense reports and reimbursements, including cash and credit card expenses, advance payments, per diems/trip expenses: gathering receipts, prepare the journal and select method of payment, and send to Program Administrator for authorization according to the finance policy manual and the donors’ restrictions.
- Gather product information for purchase request and provide this information to the purchasing to acquire corresponding quotes.
- In addition, assume all main tasks of an Administrative Assistant position.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M17174 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 7 July 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.