The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Legal Unit of the Corporate Service Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations, according to the instructions of supervisor.
- Provide administrative support to the units within the program.
- Perform the registration in the accounting system of payment requests, expenses reports, purchase orders, vouchers store, etc.
- Provide logistical support to scientists and visitors to the Unit, on issues as housing, transportation, reservations, tickets, tours, etc.
- Provide assistance to senior leadership personnel.
- Maintain control and monitoring of contracts and benefits of international and national staff of the unit.
- Assist in the recruitment process of permanent and eventually personnel, consultants and require students for processional practices or social service as required by the program.
- Collaborate in the control of the program budget.
- Keep under control all the documents generated in the area, such as: contracts, agreements, financial reports, correspondence and other information of interest to the unit.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality about the supervisor’s correspondence, negotiations and sensitive issues.
- Maintain appropriate communication with programs and other areas of support to the unit.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Relationship Management, Multicultural Sensitivity, Flexibility, Pro-Activity and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16286 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 23 January 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.