The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounts Payable and Taxes Analyst to work in the Finance Section under the Corporate Services Program (CSP) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Maintain an updated and relevant record of all CIMMYT transactions.
- Receive, control, and book all accounts payable journals, and responsible to run AP Processes in AX Dynamics.
- Perform monthly update of accounts payable balances including cancellation of outstanding transactions.
- Identify expenditure that is subject to VAT reimbursement and book the required transactions.
- Support monthly reconciliation of VAT balances.
- Perform a detailed check of supplier invoices to ensure all taxation requirements are fulfilled.
- Process program payment proposals and expense journals in accordance with payment schedule.
- Provide follow up on incomplete or incorrect payment requests and purchase orders.
- Create new suppliers in Dynamics AX and send bank account information to treasury department.
- Confirm payment details to suppliers, follow up on prepayments to suppliers, and review all relevant documentation.
- Send corporate credit card and personal account statements to users on a monthly basis.
- Provide follow up on personal account balances ensuring compliance.
- Support users on Dynamics AX and proper account usage, as required.
- Support on Taxes reconciliation such as ISE, ISR & IVA.
- Provide other support as required and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar role or responsibilities.
- User expert level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX will represent an advantage.
- Experience in the handling of large volume of invoices due for payment; capturing and archiving large volume of account payable information and account administration.
- Demonstrated experience in handling SAT website and taxes as ISR, ISE, VAT.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Problem-Solving, Teamwork and Proactivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17132 Accounts Payable and Taxes Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, 16 March 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.