The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Web Multimedia Specialist to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop and manage SIP’s webpage.
- Participate in the development and supporting of procedures, tools and documentation. This includes writing scope documents and managing source code.
- Develop high impact multimedia content, as well as multimedia material to be used by research leaders, fund-raisers and corporate communications to present and promote CIMMYT to research partners, donors, non-governmental organizations, media and key political contacts.
- Manage all stages of video production (pre-production and post-production), creative briefs and choosing the appropriate multimedia platform and all creative elements to be included in these materials (image, sound, video, all included), as well as an online and offline resources from the same multimedia product.
- Develop and maintain a correct workflow (management of digital assets, storage, distribution, Web and social media, final multimedia products, etc.).
- Handle project from creative concept and editing (including voice over), video shooting, audio recording, to editing sound and video.
- Coordinate internal and external resources (including contracted suppliers).
- Assure inventory and loan control of equipment and media available.
- Provide multimedia content for CIMMYT’s website and other web-based portals and coordinate consultants or collaborators of audio-visual materials.
- Program and make basic graphics for web and for electronic products.
- Elaborate content for newsletters, including graphics and carrying out research to contents every week.
- Ensure that the assigned projects are functional and efficient.
- Maintain an inventory of contents and manage the ad server software.
- Fix broken links and images.
- Monitor performance based on KPIs.
- Edit video and audio for web contents.
- Provide other support as required and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communication.
- At least 4 years of experience in similar role or responsibilities.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Proven experience in the usage of HTML and CSS programming languages.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Innovation and Creativity, Pro-Activity and Multi-Cultural Awareness Sensitivity.
- In addition to the above competences, the selected candidate must show the following Leadership Competencies: Collaboration and Change Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17162 Web Multimedia Specialist. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 14 July 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.