The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Maintenance Manager to work in the Facilities Area in the Corporate Service Program (CSP) of the CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure that the maintenance and repair requests are carried out and completed at the campus in compliance to the established standards and regulations by the local, state and federal authorities.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of different contractors in Mexico.
- Coordinate construction and renovation projects at CIMMYT, using the internal resources and employees and supervising contractors.
- Verify that construction stages and renovation projects are correlated and on time with the schedule and set planning.
- Supervise maintenance personnel and assure the respect to health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible of proper functioning of facilities in CIMMYT HQ when the facilities manager is on leave.
- Carry out any other activity assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Facilitate good working relations between staff in the conduct of daily activities.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Conflict Resolution, Achievement Orientation, Decision Making, Problem-Solving, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability and Customer Orientation.
- In addition of the above, the candidate must show the following Leadership Competencies: Delegation, Collaboration, People Management and Relationship with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17184 Maintenance Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 4 September 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.