The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Country Finance & Administrative Manager to work in the Global Wheat Program. The objective of this position is to manage the Corporate Function of CIMMYT-Iran to effectively deploy administrative, financial, human and technical resources to achieve the objectives and deliverables in accordance with CIMMYT policies and procedures; and to review and prepare supplement to CIMMYT standard policies when the specific situation of the regional office require deviation from the standard policies.
The position will be based at CIMMYT – Iran Office in Karaj 40 Km west of Tehran, Iran.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Closely oversee data entry and preparation of periodic financial reports and statements for HQ, donors, vendor payments, and regional scientists using QuickBooks.
- Ensure that funds are transferred to donors and partners in a timely manner, and that financial analysis & follow-up on budgetary line items is accurate and prompt; perform verification and preparation of financial statements for programs and projects. Also ensure that adequate funds are requested in a timely manner from HQ, and are available in the bank for timely disbursement of payment to staff, vendors, and partners
- Implement internal control systems in coordination with HQ Units.
- Take the lead in preparing annual office budget and proposing a reasonable cost-sharing model for the office in consultation with HQ and Administrative Committee; share final version with CCMC members.
- Ensure that payment and adjustment vouchers are prepared and posted into accounting system, and supervise management of petty cash and check book payments by Asst. Accountants
- Support reviews and audit as required
- Develop/adapt, document, update and implement appropriate procedures for Regional Office administrative operations.
- Ensure that all CIMMYT policies and procedures are strictly followed (administrative, HR, finance, procurement and industry best practices, travel policy, fleet policy); coordinate with CIMMYT Headquarters for clarity on and any changes to these as well as contribute to the updating of CIMMYT’s global HR policies and lead the changes related to Iran.
- Ensure the facilities at the office function well and are well maintained and office space allocation done.
- General oversight of smooth coordination and management of workshops, meetings, travel, visits and training at CIMMYT-Iran. Including a proper follow up visitors (invitations, transport, housing, travel request and air travel purchase; leading the travel agency selection process).
- In collaboration with the Risk Management Unit prepare and implement the Occupational Health and Safety plan to comply with CIMMYT policies and regulations, as well as support the CRR on all Security matter coordinating with the RMU as requested.
- Prepare various documents such as contracts, MOU, LOA, tender documents and quotation requests necessary for the operation of the Regional Office.
- Manage the Fleet operations in accordance with the Fleet policy.
- Manage all the administrative staff (Supervise the Finance Responsible (CFR), the Country Procurement Responsible (CPR) and the Country Administration Responsible (CAR)).
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with government offices, counterpart national and international organizations, partners, and communities. Oversee all protocol matters with the relevant Government of Iran institutions including Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Iran Revenue Authority, and Immigration.
- Oversee the management of the Regional Office intranet page content.
- Be responsible for all Personal Administration activities from hiring to retiring of LRS, IRS and consultants ( induction plan for new staff, promotion, termination, payroll, compensations & benefits, training, etc.) ensuring full compliance with local legislation and CIMMYT-HR policies and procedures for staff categories.
- Maintain close contact with the operational Staff in all programs in order to ensure compliance with policies and procedures of Human Resources.
- Act as an HR business partner to the CRR and the Programs by identifying the Recruitment and Training needs, providing guidance and advice in the implementation.
- In collaboration with all units of the regional office, plan, organize and lead the recruitment of LRS staff as per operational need and assist Global HR and the concerned units in the recruitment process of IRS to be posted in the regional office.
- Facilitate the processing of the Performance evaluation, salary and promotion yearly reviews.
- Contribute to the implementation all HR policies and procedures. Ensure that the information entered in the global HR management system is constantly updated and accurate at all times.
- Ensure appropriate internal communication on HR related topics in coordination with the related HR team at HQ.
- Support reviews and audit as required.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- At least 6 years practical hands on work experience in management, finance, accounting, administration, preferably in an international organization.
- Advance level of knowledge of the Financial, HR and Procurement best practices.
- Leadership skill and prior experience managing staff.
- Good understanding of government regulations related to all the fields of the corporate function.
- Computer literate with high-level competency in the standard business software. Excellent computing skills: EXCEL, MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint highly desirable
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level (ERP and MS Office Suite: Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local and English language.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity including ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving, Decision Making, Self-motivated, Communication, Achievement Orientation, Time Management, Pro-activity and Teamwork. Leadership Competencies: Relationship with External Stakeholders, Donors, People and Projects’ Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to IR17112 Country Finance & Administrative Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on November 5, 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Dr. M. R. Jalal Kamali (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.